10 Questions for Eric
1. How long have you been at Profit Point and why did you choose to work here?
I Started at Profit Point on March 1st of this year.
2. Where do you live and why did you choose that place?
South Carolina… My first job out of college brought me to the area, and since my wife was born and raised here, we have never left.
3. How long is your commute to your office space?
That depends where in the house I am before going to my office space, which is a 12 second walk from my favorite place… the kitchen.
4. How do you describe what you do for a living to family and friends?
I help organizations get value out of data, by applying technology and analytics.
5. What’s one thing that surprised you about working at Profit Point?
It was apparent when talking to Jim and Alan before I got here, how much of a ‘get it done’ culture they had built. However, coming from a corporate culture, it has been amazing to me the speed at which it gets done… and done well.
6. What’s your favorite way to unwind after a busy day?
Vigorous exercise! I work from home, with clients and colleagues stretched across the country and around the globe, and usually find myself working at odd hours (odd, to everyone else?). As such, it is important to allow time for exercise.
7. What would we most likely find you doing on the weekend?
Most commonly on a Saturday, my wife and I are in downtown Columbia, SC serving food at ‘Lunch on the Lawn’ to the food poor in our community. We also enjoy going to the beach or the mountains, and anything that involves outdoor activity.
8. What’s your favorite sport to watch and which team do you root for?
Having grown up in Indiana, I have no choice but to say basketball! Along with my engineering degree from Purdue, came a lifelong membership to the Boilermaker fan club.
9. Before working at Profit Point, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
Every project that I have been involved with where we are looking at an unusual way to apply optimization and advanced analytics for increased effectiveness is interesting to me.
10. What is the best view inside or outside your home?
Carolina sunsets from my back porch, with a glass of wine in my hand. This also works for the ‘unwind’ question above, but only after the vigorous exercise.