Need to minimize your environmental footprint
without sacrificing profits?
Supply Chain Sustainability integrates long-term sustainability into the decision-making processes a business uses to plan and operate its supply chain. Our optimization services spotlight opportunities to improve the environmental sustainability of your supply chain, giving you visibility into the trade-offs or synergies between sustainability and profitability in your specific circumstances.
Often, clients learn that improving sustainability leads to higher profitability, both in the short term, by reducing waste and in the long term, by improving customer loyalty.
Examples of questions that can be answered include:
1. What is the impact on my CO2 footprint if I off-shore my manufacturing or the procurement of my key raw materials?
2. Where should I locate my next manufacturing site, given different watershed issues at multiple sites under consideration?
3. How do I schedule my plant operations to minimize waste and emissions?
4. How do I schedule my plant operations to minimize electricity use during peak usage times?
5. How do I minimize the carbon footprint of my distribution network without significantly impacting customer service or profitability?
A sustainable supply chain must take in to account all of your business requirements, including environmental for years to come. To optimize your plan, our consultants begin by understanding your growth strategy and the logistical challenges that your organization faces. We lead you through a proven supply chain analysis and improvement process that will enable your business to consider total supply chain cost, customer service and strategic business initiatives.
Our Proven Techniques
- Maximize profitability when implementing new sustainability targets
- Implement new waste reduction or energy usage policies with minimal impact on current operations
- Ensure that new manufacturing sites will maximize profits and minimize long-term environmental impact
- Clearly understand the trade-offs among cost, profitability and sustainability in your supply chain
- Quickly identify the changes in infrastructure, operation or policies that will return the largest improvements in sustainability
- Accurately quantify multiple, competing sustainability improvement scenarios